When you’re considering different freight carriers for your business’ logistics treatments, it can be tempting to choose one of the big names like UPS, the U.S. Postal Service, or FedEx—after all, they’re large, well-known corporations that are known for getting the job done. Of course, any company can fall prey to things like delayed shipments, but when you’re working with a smaller provider, such as Red Dog Logistics, you’ll reap all of the benefits of choosing a larger company, but you’ll be able to enjoy things like working with people who can give your company more attention, as well as saving money.
There are ways to narrow down logistics providers for your business that weigh pros and cons of larger companies and smaller providers, and you may be surprised to learn who is the better logistics company for your needs.
What Type of Freight Shipping Does Your Company Need?
The first thing you’ll want to consider when choosing a logistics provider is what type of shipment you will be needing. For example, different providers may not offer the specific service or mode you need to use, so you’ll need to choose a different provider.
Types of Shipping and Freight Services
At Red Dog Logistics, we’re proud to offer a variety of different services and modes for shipping. Our shipping and traffic management solutions are meant to be the most efficient choices for your business, and our services can be mixed and matched to reflect your business’ specific needs. We offer services including:
- Door-to-door intermodal. We provide a range of equipment including 20’, 40’, 45’, and 53’ intermodal containers, and we have contracts in place with some of the largest intermodal marketing companies, railroads, and national carriers. Door-to-door options can be the most economically efficient for many companies, especially if the delivery dates are somewhat flexible. Intermodal shipments are up to four times more efficient than five-axle truck movements, and we’re happy to pass that saving onto our clients. Freight rates from UPS, USPS, and FedEx may not reflect those savings, so if you’re on a budget, it can be beneficial to consider this.
- Flatbed. Red Dog has access to a vast array of equipment and trailers, including: traditional flatbed, conestoga flatbed, flatbed with side kit, step-deck flatbed, drop deck, double drops, low boy, RGNs, Stretch, and hot shots.
- Steamship. This service is perfect for U.S. as well as overseas ports. We will carefully check to ensure that all domestic and international vendors are fully licensed, bonded, and equipped for this job. Our ocean and international freight services include import export activities, full container shipments, arrangement of inland pickup activities, and full container shipments, among other features.
- Oversized load/specialized. We offer customized shipping services for over-length, over-width, over-height, and over-weight shipments. We can work with you to determine which trailer and equipment type is the best option for your shipments.
- 53-ft. dry van. Comparing shipping rates from UPS, USPS, and FedEx, you may find them to be very different than our rates, depending on what your specifics are. Contact us today to learn more.
- Less than truck load (LTL). For smaller shipments, we’re capable of managing your exact needs. We’ve made selecting a LTL shipment across more than one carrier a simple process.
- Expedited. We’ll make sure your shipment gets to its destination on time.
- Drayage. Our drayage partners are experts in providing services for both maritime and rail ports.
Comparing What Influences Shipping Rates from USPS, UPS, and FedEx
There are a number of different factors that influence shipping rates from UPS, USPS, and FedEx, as well as other logistics providers. For instance, availability of equipment in accordance with demand will change how pricing is structured, as will whether the market is slow or not at the given time of booking.
At Red Dog Logistics, we believe that providing our clients with the best solutions means offering not only great services that are tailored to their needs, but also cost effective and reasonably priced. Choosing a third-party logistics provider can result in lower overhead and faster service, so making sure you select the best one for your business is essential.
If you choose to compare shipping rates from USPS, UPS, or FedEx, but not smaller companies, one thing you may want to consider is whether they will be able to accommodate those rates when you need them the most, as well as whether they’ll be able to give your company the attention it needs to succeed. Red Dog Logistics is dedicated to ensuring that each of our clients is completely satisfied with our work, and we strive to become partners in business rather than simply a logistics provider. We continually work to ensure we’re bringing the best rates forward to our clients.
Don’t Settle for Big-Name Inflation
When you’re choosing a logistics and shipping partner, it can be easy to simply look for the most recognized name and choose them. However, if your needs change, you may find yourself frustrated with that company’s unwillingness or inability to manage your evolving shipping processes. At Red Dog Logistics, however, we are committed to working with you to help maximize your profits, improve your services, and reduce wait times. We’re dedicated to providing reliable, trustworthy logistics services.
Benefits of Choosing a Smaller 3PL Company
When you work with Red Dog Logistics, you’ll be working with a team that sees each client as a name and a face, not just a number. We’re able to give our clients the dedicated attention they deserve, so when you need a reliable logistics provider, compare our rates with the shipping rates of UPS, USPS, and FedEx, and find out what you’ve been missing.
To learn more about Red Dog Logistics or our freight shipping calculator, contact us today.